8. Ponytail Veil
Good For These Types: Straight, Wavy
Good For These Lengths: Medium, Long
Hair Should Be: Damp by using a spray bottle
What You’ll Need: Wide-tooth comb, spray bottle of water, fine-tooth comb, several ponytail holders, beads, hairpins and mini-butterfly clips to accessorize (optional)
How To Do It:
1. Comb hair straight back with no part. Lift a small 1-inch section of hair (about the distance between the eyebrows) at the crown (the topmost part of the head) and make it into a small ponytail at the top of the head. Secure with a ponytail holder.
2. Using the fine-tooth comb, gather a 1-inch section from each side of the crown and make two more ponytails in the back, securing them with ponytail holders about 1 inch below the center ponytail. Now you have three ponytails. Split the first and second ponytails into two separate ponytails. Join the right half of the first ponytail to the left half of the second ponytail, and secure them with a ponytail holder about two inches below the second ponytail’s holder. This makes a fourth ponytail.
3. Now split the third ponytail into two and join its right side to the left half of the first ponytail. Secure with a ponytail holder about 2 inches below the third ponytail’s holder. This makes a fifth ponytail.
4. Split the fourth ponytail into two more ponytails. Join the right half of the second ponytail into the right half of the fourth ponytail, securing with a ponytail holder about 2 inches below the fourth ponytail’s holder. This makes a sixth ponytail.
5. Split the fifth ponytail in two. Now join the left half of the third ponytail to the left half of the fifth ponytail, securing with a ponytail holder about 2 inches below the fifth ponytail’s holder. This makes a seventh ponytail.
6. Now join the left half of the fourth ponytail with the right half of fifth ponytail. Secure with a ponytail holder to make an either ponytail.
7. Now gather a thin 1-inch section of hair from behind each ear and combine with all of the sixth ponytail on the right and all of seventh ponytail on the left. Secure each with a ponytail holder to make a ninth and tenth ponytail.
8. Depending on hair length, you can continue creating a web of ponytails down the back. When you’re done, gather all the ponytail ends together and secure with a ponytail holder.