14. The Double-Twist Ponytail
Good For These Types: Straight, Wavy, Curly
Good For These Lengths: Medium, Long
Hair Should Be: Damp by using a spray bottle
What You’ll Need: Spray bottle, rat-tail comb, two hairbands, bow or flower clip (if desired), hairspray (or Pomade, if desired)
How To Do It:
1. Part hair down the middle.
2. Begin to twist away from face tightly. Start right next to part, and add hair in gradually as you twist.
3. Twist until you reach approximately the middle of head in back. Have your daughter hold her hair as you twist the second side of hair the same as before.
4. When you reach the middle, twist hair down to about 2 inches above hairs end.
5. Add bottom rubber band first. This holds the twist in place until you get the top rubber band in place.
6. Now place the top rubber band right at nape of neck. Add a ribbon or bow, if you’d like.